Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

New Tricks


Eli's been up to a lot of new things lately.

  • He is a walking machine. He walks now more than he crawls, and he's getting steadier and steadier everyday.

  • When I ask him where Gracie is, he looks at her and points. He chases after her, pretends she's a drum, and does belly flops on her when she's sleeping on the beanbag.

  • He says "yeah" all the time, so he and I have these nice conversations everyday. I ask him if he likes dinner and he says yeah. Then I ask him if he loves his mommy and he says yeah. Then I ask if enjoyed his day and he says yeah. Lovely conversation with my little man.

  • He is a champion sleeper, especially compared to when he was little. I can give him a kiss at night, rub his back for a minute, and put him in his crib. He'll smile at me and go to sleep on his own. It's hard to believe that this is the same child who would be sound asleep but just knew he was being put down for bed and would scream.

  • He popped out another tooth...his seventh.

  • He loves to watch me use the vacuum. He points at it and follows me around as I clean.

  • He can climb the steps in about 30 seconds. He's fast!

  • He can use the shape sorter if I show him which spot it goes into.

  • And my favorite... he gives kisses on command!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

Yay!!...all of those tricks sound SO fun :) I am particularly inspired by the champion sleeper part. Maybe Eli can meet William and teach him some sleeping tricks sometime soon. Or you can share your secrets with me!!

Counter