Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Party Time (Part 1)

Eli had a birthday party Saturday afternoon- a monkey theme one. Forty-four of our friends and family came over to celebrate with us. A big thank you to Mim and Pop who helped us clean and get ready and made a lot of food (like 8 pounds of meatballs and sauces and 4 dozen pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!), to Grandma and Grandpa for making food (and carving the watermelon!), and to Nathan and Katie for running last minute errands, getting the house ready, and for helping with the cupcakes. We very much appreciate your help! I don't know how we could have done it without you (well, I KNOW we couldn't, seeing how we didn't even have a functional oven until Thursday afternoon!)

**Note to readers: If you are planning a party for 44 people, it helps if the heating element in your oven works. We didn't have a working oven for almost 3 weeks. That translating to baking 4 dozen banana cupcakes until 11pm on Friday night!

Ok, where was I? The party- It was great that so many of our friends and family could be there with us. Most special of all was that my grandmother, Nan, made the trip down with my Aunt Jo. That was the first time she visited, and it was so special to have her there. And of course you too, Aunt Jo. My Aunt Darlene and Uncle Chuck also made the trip from West Chester.

We have lots of pictures from the big day. Here's a few from pre-party time. I may need to post pictures in installments, so here's the first batch.








2 comments:

Renee said...

Oh my word!! Soooooooo incredibly cute! I love everything! Love the brown and yellow with the monkey theme. The cupcakes are so cute, too! It's so funny to hear other people say how they went "all out" for their kid's first birthday party....and by the 3rd or 4th year (and multiple kids later) you're doing really well if you remember to buy a store-made cupcake for the little guy and find a used candle in a drawer to put on the top of it. haha

Brian, Tawnee, Avery and Caitlin said...

Very cute monkey decorations! I like the pictures of Eli above the fireplace, too. 44 people?? I had 14 for Avery's party and I thought that was a lot!

Counter