Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Pop!

My dad and brother were skiing in Utah on January 27th when my dad turned the big 6-0. Nathan and my dad met at our house Sunday and left early Monday morning. They came back last Saturday night and planned to spend the night. We would all be together to celebrate his birthday except my mom. So on Friday, Eli and I drove up to Milton (love that phase back schedule) and visited with Nan all afternoon. We spent the night up there and drove back to Maryland together on Saturday. We couldn't wait to surprise my dad.

Saturday night my dad and brother arrived. Boy was my dad surprised when he walked up the steps into my kitchen and the whole family was there waiting for him with the candles already lit on his cake. It was such a fun evening.

My mom had a great idea for one of his gifts- we purchased a wooden box with "Happy 60th Birthday", his initials, and "Thoughts and Memories" engraved on it. There was a place on the lid for a picture, and my mom found one of him when he was 8 or so wearing a cowboy hat. Hilarious. Wef illed the box with 60 memories we have of my dad and 60 things that we love or admire about him. (We contributed 20 of each.) He read each and every one, and we had some great laughs!

So, happy birthday Dad/Pop! We're so glad that we could all be together this weekend to celebrate.

Turning 60 in Park City, Utah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My family really out did themselves and made my 60th something I will never forget. You guys are the best!!!!

Counter