Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

15 Months

My sweet little boy turned 15 months old yesterday. I've noticed so many changes over the past month or two, especially how much he understands now.
  • I can ask him to turn off the light, and he'll flip the switch.
  • I ask him if he wants to get a bath, and he says "yeah" and runs over to me to go upstairs.
  • If we're upstairs playing and I ask him if he wants to go downstairs, he immediately puts whatever toy he's playing with in the drawer and goes to the door.
  • He still loves the vaccum and wants to "help" every time I use it. Sometimes I would pull the attachment out and let him play when I was finished vacuuming. He now knows that it's off and points to the "on" button and signs "more."
  • He dances a lot now. It really cracks us up.
  • He's really into his toys with wheels. He loves to push his trucks around on the floor.
  • He's turning into a picky eater. He used to eat anything. For the past month or so, he hasn't been that interested in the foods he has to pick up himself. He wants to be fed the pureed stuff. I still make baby food like pureed cauliflower, mixed veggies, etc, so I can freeze it to send to the sitter's.
  • He shakes his head no and/or waves his hands in front of himself like a crazy man if he doesn't want something. (He'll do this if he's done eating or in response to "Eli, time to go night night.")
  • He still loves the phone and carries it around held up to his ear.
  • When I ask him for a kiss, he comes running over.
  • He loves to crawl up my back when I'm sitting on the floor and flip over the front of me. He giggles and giggles and does it over and over again.
  • He still loves to read his books- current favorites are "The Going to Bed Book" and "Jesus Loves Me"
  • He points to Gracie and says "Race." If he sees one of her toys, he'll pick it up, hand it to me, and say "Race."
  • When it's time to put his pajamas on, we'll tell him to lay down for jammies. He comes over and lays down (always with his head lined up with the pj feet!)
  • One day last week I told Eli it was time to change his diaper. Before I got anything out, I remembered that I didn't have any diapers on the middle floor and needed to go upstairs to get one. I told Eli I would be right back and that I was going to get a diaper. When I came back down, I saw him standing there with butt paste in one hand the wipes in the other. He found them on his own and was all ready to go.

No comments:

Counter