Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Surprise! Change of Plans...

Like I mentioned in the last post, Kevin and I found out on August 9th that we were expecting another baby. The due date would be mid-April according to babycenter.com and Eli would be 2 and a half exactly by then.

I began thinking about what all we could reuse of Eli’s, which kid would have which room, etc. I decided that we would use the nursery for the second baby and give Eli the larger room with a new bed. I had it all "planned"out.

We thought about daycare cost and vehicles and all those not-as-fun-to-think-about parts of adding another child to the mix. But I thought, for the most part, I had it all "planned" out.

We were so excited to see Dr. Apgar for our first appointment. We went in for the highly anticipated, can’t-wait-to-hear-a-heartbeat-and-see-a-blurry-dot sonogram.

We saw the beating “dot” right away. Nice strong heartbeat. Any sense of anxiety was washed away. It’s the most beautiful sound you can hear. Then sonogram tech’s expression changed and I immediately asked, “what’s wrong?” She said, “Nothing’s wrong. I’m just trying to decide how to tell you this.”

And before we knew it, she shifted the sonogram thing to show us ANOTHER strong heartbeat. I nearly fell off the table and Kevin started laughing.

Yes, we are expecting twins! The due date is set for April 16, but they told us to plan on early to mid-March.

Let the adventure begin!

Here is Baby A at today's photoshoot- 11 1/2 weeks


Here's Baby B!

4 comments:

Brian, Tawnee, Avery and Caitlin said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!

Katie Cortes said...

Wow! I check your blog now and again (found the link through Ali's blog) and that is AWESOME! Twins!!! Congratulations to you and your entire family. What a blessing!

Kristin said...

Yea!!! Congrats to you both! Such exciting news.

esther said...

i know kev already called and told us this but reading just made me so elated all over again. CONGRATSSSSS!!!!

Counter