Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

1 Month Old


Wow, it's hard to believe these kiddos are a month old already. I guess it went so fast because the first 16 days of their lives were spent in the NICU. They still seem very newborn-ish to me-- probably because they are still haven't reached their April 16 due date!

Both Ryan and Spencer like to be swaddled and spent much of their days and nights that way. They sleep quite a bit- more soundly during the day than at night (of course). They eat every 3 hours around the clock. During the day I usually have to wake the second one up to eat to keep them on the same schedule. At nighttime, neither one of them sleeps past the 3 hour mark. Their most interactive time is before their 10:00pm-ish feeding. That's when they get baths, get their jammies on, and have some more cuddle time with Mom and Dad.

They had a one month check up today. It had only been 10 days since their initial pediatrician appointment. Their weight gain was great. Ryan is now 5 pounds 5 ounces and Spencer is 5 pounds 3 ounces. That's about a 10 ounce gain in 10 days for both of them. They definitely seem more filled out now and are showing signs of a double chin. :)

Neither one of them enjoys tummy time all that much. Ryan seems to especially dislike it. Spencer really surprised me last night when I put him on his stomach. Within 10 seconds he rolled over onto his belly. I put him back on his tummy and he did it again. It ws funny watching this little 5 pound baby rolling like that.

Contrary to the picture above, the babies don't seem to really even know that the other exists. I try to put them together a couple times a day, but it usually results in Ryan sucking on Spencer's face (and Spencer then crying) or both of them smacking each other in the face (and both of them crying).

We're enjoying them so much and I really wish time would slow down!

4 comments:

Brian, Tawnee, Avery and Caitlin said...

That picture is adorable! I can't believe they are 1 month already either.

Kristin said...

That picture is so sweet!

The Hambrick's said...

So I have decided that Ryan looks like a Bish and Spencer looks like a Kim - am I crazy?

Beth said...

They are completely precious! And when I stopped by your site to leave a comment, I noticed your pregnancy ticker ... still ticking away. Ha! How fun that you already have your two new baby boys. I'm so amazed at how you were able to endure all that bedrest and prayed for you often.

Oh, and our doctor (Dr. A) told me the story about getting kicked ... I was dying laughing! I had my 20-week appointment later that day after you delivered. =) I can hardly wait to see your family of five!

Counter