Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 8, 2011

Bedtime Routine

Eli's bedtime routine pretty much looks the same every night and is a part of the day I like spending with Eli. After watching an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or reading books, we head upstairs. First is a stop at the potty. Then he brushes the "dirt" off of his teeth if we haven't done that at bath time.
Then we turn on his music and his sound machine and climb into bed. With the lights dimmed, we cuddle real close read a book together- "We're Going on a Bear Hunt." When we get to the end where it reads "We're not going on a bear hunt again!" and see the bear retreating home, Eli always says that the bear is going to the potty.

After reading it's time for prayers and 'thank you God' time. Tonight Eli thanked God for vacuums, paints, lamps, and Mommy. He has commentary for each one-- "Thank you God for vacuums. Maybe the orange vacuum is plugged in. Maybe I use it later. Thank you God for paints. Pop painted the stripes (points to the stripes my dad painted on his wall). Thank you God for lamps. Thank you God for Mommy."
I said, "Thank you God for Eli. Did you know that God made you?" He replied, "And vacuums. And Adam. He's the first daddy." (We've been reading Eli's toddler Bible).

After we're done with prayers, I give Eli a hug and kiss and ask him if he wants to be covered up with the big blanket (comforter) or a little blanket (his blue baby blanket). I usually end with "Good night sweetie, I love you." The reply... "Goodnight Mommy sweetie."

I love this time with my little boy.

No comments:

Counter