Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 11, 2011

A Walk Home from School

I had to take my car seats out of my van for a work event this week. Traffic was pretty bad on Tuesday and I decided to go directly to daycare to get the kids and walking home with them instead of trying to fumble around with three car seats in my suit and heels.

So I gathered them and all of their belongings and loaded the littles into the double stroller. Eli held my hand and off we went. (Note to self: This seemed like a much better idea in the daylight. _

Luckily it was warmer than usual Tuesday evening. But it was so dark out. I'm sure we were quite the sight- me in heels walking with children in the dark.

Eli thought it was a great adventure. As we walked, we pretended that we were acting out "Pete's Trick-or-Treat Tower" storyline from Mickey Mouse. We were on our way to a costume party. I told Eli my costume was a butterfly. He told me his costume was a seagull.

We called for Toodles and solved all kinds of problems on our way home- crossing a river (I fink we need a really big bridge), trying to find our house from a distance (I fink we need "binoclears").

Although it wasn't my finest moment as a parent, it turned out to be a fun adventure.

1 comment:

Renee said...

That's totally something I would have done, too. High heels and all.... :)

Counter