Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Gracie vs. Christmas Tree

I just logged onto my computer and took at a look at my friend Renee's blog. Renee and I have known each other since we were little and we were always a lot alike. In fact, along with our friend Pamela, we referred to ourselves as the "clone babies."

When I checked out her blog, I couldn't help but burst out laughing. Their 9 foot Christmas tree had fallen over (on Renee!). Thank goodness Gene saw what was happening and protected her from the fall.

Ok, so that isn't that funny. A fallen Christmas tree is no joke. Well guess what? The Kim tree, the "beast" that we had cut down just days before, took a tumble last night at midnight. Over half of the ornaments fell off the tree, the tree skirt was soaked, and pine needles flew in every direction. Although Gene and Renee had no ornament casualties, we weren't so lucky. We lost 3 in the fall.

Kevin spent the next two hours cleaning up the mess. He took off the rest of the ornaments, the strings of cranberries, and nine strings of lights. The bare tree was taken to the garage (I think it's in time out). We're going to try it all again tomorrow!

What could have caused the tree to fall over? It didn't come out of the stand. Hmmm. I wonder if the culprit is furry!

Before the fall


I should have been nervous when I saw this. Gracie had already attacked two ornaments and had that look in her eye. I'm not pointing fingers, but something tells me her paw prints are all over this!

5 comments:

Ali said...

Hi Gretchen - I found your blog on Renee's - I hope you don't mind if I check it out to read about your adventures with Eli. It looks like you guys are all doing well!!! Sorry to hear about the tree....what a coincidence that it happened to you AND Renee!!

Ali Snyder

Amanda and Shawn said...

Oh no!! That's terrible...I hope the ornaments lost weren't family heirlooms - we have a few of those.

XOXO to Eli from Sydney :)

Renee said...

OH MY WORD! You've got to be kidding me! You know there's only one thing to say about this...the BIGPRANK is rearing its ugly head again!!!!! Sorry, Clone baby. We're stuck in this vicious cycle for life! :)

Anonymous said...

FCIS (feline crime scene investigators) have found a deformed paw print...pretty incriminating!

The Hambrick's said...

http://thehambricks.blogspot.com/2008/11/decorating-for-christmas.html
I posted to Renee too - but you will see from the link that I started this tree falling business!

Counter