Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 7, 2009

Greetings From Ocean City

We arrived in Ocean City Saturday afternoon for vacation week. My parents, Nathan, and Katie had gotten here earlier and enjoyed a day of sunshine. Sunday was our first day on the beach, and it was a great one. My parents brought Eli down to the shore when he woke up from his nap.

He wasn't thrilled with the beach. He didn't seem to mind the dry sand, and of course he tried to eat it. He did not like the water or the squishy sand. He really didn't like the foamy water. I think the sound of the waves scared him a bit. He did enjoy the beach toys that Mim & Pop brought for him, especially the shovel. If he had the shovel in his hand, he was a happy man. After some playing on the beach, Eli fell asleep on Mim. He ended up taking a nap in the tent for 2 hours.

Feeling sand for the first time. Fast forward 5 seconds and it was in his mouth.

What is all this noise, Pop? It's loud out here! Let's go back to the blanket!

Dad, I'm not a big fan. I see sharp shells, it's kind of cold, and my feet sink. How about we go back to the blanket?

Seriously, Mom. This is a bit scary. I might drop my shovel in this foamy water and then I won't be a happy camper. Let's just go back to blanket and play!

Taking a break from paddle ball to pose

Nothing beats a nap on the beach.

What a pose...butt in the air and shovel in hand.

We went out to dinner last night at a place called Catch 54 and had great food. We then met up with Kevin's old roommate Joe, and then ended the evening with a heated game of Taboo. We now hear that the forecast for beautiful weather for the week has changed to rain and clouds. Fingers crossed that we'll get back out the beach!

check out the outfit

Uncle Nathan is tickling me!!!

I wish they could stay the whole week!

2 comments:

Brian, Tawnee, Avery and Caitlin said...

Love the picture at the top of your blog! Eli's such a cutie!

The Hambrick's said...

We have the same beach tent, it awesome! I love it for myself as much as for Emerson. Hope you all enjoy your time at the beach.

Counter