Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, November 27, 2009

Two Firsts

Well, last weekend when we were in Milton for my friend Jenni's surprise bridal shower, I decided it was time for Eli to get a trim. I tried, rather unsuccessfully, the weekend before. I trimmed his bangs a little and cut off the rat tail, but it looked a bit amish. His hair is really thick and it was much harder to cut than I thought it would be.
So Mim and Pop and Mommy and Daddy all went to Mrs. Bruno's salon in Milton. She was so excited to cut his hair. We timed it for mid morning bottle time, and it went very smoothly. He stayed very still and didn't mind at all. Perfect timing.

That was the first "first."

The second "first" came later in the weekend when my Nan was over to the house. Eli really liked her cane. He was walking around with it for a bit until I realized that it might not be a good idea. I was afraid he'd whack the cat or something. Canes are not toys. When I took it away, he threw a tantrum. My sweet little baby threw a tantrum- the mad cry, pushing me away, throwing his head back in anger. I thought that was a terrible two's thing!

Back to the haircut. Here is Eli after I gave him a little trim. I did an okay job with his bangs, but I was afraid to cut around his ears.

I thought his hair looked a little "Mitch Albom-like" so we went to the professional.



(Mitch Albom)


This is the only "after" picture I have. It doesn't really show off the new cut. It's still shaggy, but it's cut around his ears.

1 comment:

The Hambrick's said...

1. I can totally see the Mitch Albom comparison. :)
2. The tantrums start at one so they can perfect them by two. Sorry. To make it worse, some of my mommy friends say they get even more intense when they are three. Just a little something to look forward to! :)

Counter