Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 13, 2011

Our Anniversary

I use this blog to post pictures of the fun things our family does- the fun trips, the visits to Milton, etc. I also use it as a way to document the things the kids are doing since I don't do baby books, just an annual photo album.

But just in case you are thinking all is rosy in the Kim household everyday, I am using the blog today to present to you...

3 hours in the Kim Household
May 12, 2011  (our 4th wedding anniversary)

Wow, what a morning. Luckily it ended far better than it started. Here is what the first three hours looked like. I woke up with a textbook case of mastitis. Ouch. Besides the pain from the infection, I had a fever, chills, a headache, and felt sick to my stomach. Eli got up earlier than usual and was wet. I had just nursed both babies at 5:30, but they both got awake at 7 too. Kevin hadn't slept well, so I put on sweats, took all three downstairs with me, and wrapped up in a blanket. One or both babies proceeded to cry for the next couple hours, so I was juggling both of them. In an attempt for attention, Eli meowed constantly or cried when he couldn't do something that required my assistance. In a headache-induced display of impatience, I sent him to time out for meowing. It was just too much. My kitchen looked like a tornado had gone through it. I hadn't even brushed my teeth or put my contacts in. When Kevin came downstairs, I handed him a baby and went upstairs for a break. Isn't that how everyone celebrates their wedding anniversary? :)

1 comment:

esther said...

oh gretchen! i can't imagine how difficult it must be juggling all of the boys! i had mastitis and it's horrible!!!!! i wish i could help. well, just wanted to say happy anniversary to 2 very deserving and beautiful people. at least you have 3 amazingly adorable boys to be so proud of.

Counter