Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 5, 2011

Oh the things he says

This two year old of mine has been saying the craziest things lately.

  • Eli has stopped calling his Mickey Mouse stuffed animal "Mickey." He now refers to him exclusively as "the mouse." A couple nights ago, sometime around 4am, I was awakened to Eli crying in bed. I went over to his room and heard this. "The mouse. I cannot find the mouse. I lost the mouse. Mommy, find the mouse!!" Poor little Mickey was tangled in the sheets. Whew, what a crisis!
  • Yesterday Eli was talking to my mom on the phone. She told him she had a playdoh present for him that she was taking to the beach. She was describing it to him over the phone and I heard him answer, "That sounds cool."
  • Eli has been going to the potty all by himself for awhile now. He doesn't need help getting undressed or anything. The other day I hear him from the bathroom saying, "I don't know what's happening! I don't know what's happening!" over and over again. I'll tell you what was happening. He was peeing on the floor.
  • Eli was playing with Spencer the other day while I was holding him on my lap. He was being very gentle until all of a sudden he pinched him. Spencer started crying. After I disciplined Eli, I asked him why he pinched Spencer. (You know, I'm not even sure why I asked. What answer did I expect, really?) Well, certainly not the answer I got. His answer? "Because he said some-sing to me." Yes, my five month old baby provoked Eli.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Love it!

Counter