Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Touch of Nan

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love the decor, the music, the tradition. I love spending time with my family most of all. Christmases were always magical for me growing up. I'm excited for Eli to experience it all this year, and of course it's so special that it's the first Christmas for Ryan and Spencer.
The time leading up to Christmas this year has been different though. My grandmother, Nan, had gifted me with many Christmas ornaments and decorations over the years. This year as I put those decorations out, it saddened me to know that this will be the first year without her at Christmas. So many traditions included her, and I looked forward to spending so much time with her during Christmas week.

These are some of my favorite Nan Christmas things that remind me of such wonderful Christmas memories.




Nan made this ceramic tree a long time ago. She made one for my mom, too, and it was always on display at our house at Christmastime. I've always loved it. My mom brought Nan's tree to my house, and I love it.

This s'more ornament (or as we now call them- s'mornaments) was a gift from Nan. We saw them years ago at Country Cupboard and we both started cracking up. Over the years, we began collecting them and now have a small s'mornament tree, complete with s'more garland. The original s'more is still my favorite and a very special memory of my Nan.



This picture of her was taken last Christmas in my parents' kitchen. Although it's a Christmas picture, it's been on display in my house all year. The yellow basket below is another of her ceramic creations that she passed on to me years ago.

1 comment:

The Hambrick's said...

My Grammy also gifted me with many ornaments over the years. It's a nice walk down memory lane each year when I decorate the tree. She also had one of the ceramic light trees - I wish I knew what happened to that - it made me smile to see your Nan's. :)

Counter