Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 20, 2012

Conversations with a 3 year old

I was explaining to Eli that boys grow up to be men and girls grow up to be women. He seemed to understand the concept. But when my parents were here, I asked Eli what he would be when he got older and he thought and said...."Ah..... a woman!"

Eli enjoyed playing on my parents' ipad last week. At dinner this week he asked me, "Hey, where is that special computer called an ipad?" This is funny to me because he probably asked them what it was when he first saw it and the answer probably was 'a special computer called an ipad.' I think he must think that's it's full name!

At bedtime, Eli and I started talking nonsense. Here's the conversation:
E: "Ah....pickle juice!"
Me: (laughed)
E: "Ah.... bumpers!"
Me: "Ah....Huey Lewis and the News"
E: "Huey Lewis and the News?! That's a funny word. Are we doing silly talk?"
Me: "It sure sounds like it."
E: Say some-sing else silly.
Me: "Ah.... pickles and pistachios!"
E: (bursts out laughing) "Pickles and stachios!! What are stachios?"
Me: They are nuts...like peanuts."
E: "Like M&M peanuts?"
Me: "Well, sort of buddy..."

I left shortly after, then hear a call for Mommy a second later. I go back in to see what stalling tactic he's going to employ and I hear this:
E: "Mommy, I need help closing my eyes."

1 comment:

Ali said...

Love this age!! Your post made me giggle! =)

Counter