Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ry-Ry-Roo

This is Ryan. He's at risk for becoming a neglected child. Spencer has been battling pneumonia and requires quite a bit of extra attention with nebulizer treatments, doses of medicine, temperatute taking, and extra snuggling.

We're lucky that Ryan is pretty self-sufficient- for a 10 month old anyway. He can entertain himself, soothe himself to sleep, and feed himself fairly well. He also likes chasing Eli from room to room to see what he's doing.

This kid is so adventurous and non-stop. He has to be in the middle of the action at all times. He has recently discovered Eli's play kitchen. He loves to dump out the bin of fake food and "eat" it. I often see him crawling around with asparagus or eggplant hanging out of his mouth. I look forward to the wind down time with him- he's still enough to snuggle and rest his head on my shoulder. I take advantage of the moments when I can sit and rock him in the nursery.

He's pulling himself up on things so he can get a better look. He's pretty destructive, so we have to be careful with him around Eli's breakable things.

He's developed quite a list of nicknames from us. I'm afraid the poor kid is never going to learn his name because we call him all kinds of crazy things. And by we, I mean me. And then Eli just because he's repeating me. Here's a few-- Ry, Ry-Ry, Ry-Ry-Roo (and his brother Spencie Poo), Roos, Roosies, Ry-Ry-Roobie-Doobie, Rybo, Rys. See what I mean? Poor kid.

No comments:

Counter