Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to Work. Sigh.

Well today was my first day back at work. I "phase back" which means I get to work 20 hours this week, 25 next, 30 the following, then 35, then finally 40 hours a week again. So at least I get to ease back into it. Today my friend Renee watched Eli for 4 hours- thanks Renee! It was hard leaving him, but it wasn't as bad as I thought since it was only 4 hours. Then I really started missing him after I got to work. I brought 3 pictures of him to put in my office. This is going to be a long week!

Pumping at work is much harder than I thought. I went into a locked room where they store sodas and training class materials. I put a post it note on the door, sat down indian style, and ate my PB&J sandwich while watching traffic go by on the highway. About 8 minutes later, I hear a knock at the door. Geez. The trainer needed sodas. Go figure.
Eli had a liver check up today as well. The doctor didn't do much- just poked his tummy a bit. She said the liver size was right on target. His next liver sonogram and blood work will be scheduled in February.


Nobody asked me if I'm ok with this "work thing!"

2 comments:

esther said...

i can see your eyes in that last pic. it's so hard to leave such a cute face like that, huh? good luck in your transition back to work.

Ali said...

I totally hear ya with the pumping at work being hard. I am pretty much done with that. It was just too hard to keep up! You are lucky though that you get to transition back.

Counter