Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Where's the Baby?

Eli is a little ninja. Let me explain. I fed and changed him last night at 4am. When the alarm went off this morning, Kevin looked over at our video monitor, shot up in bed, and said, "Where's the baby?!?"

"What? What do you mean, 'where's the baby?' Let me see the monitor!!" Kevin ran over to the nursery as I looked at the baby-less monitor. In those 3 seconds it took Kevin to get to the nursery, my mind was racing. What did I do with the baby? Where did I put him? Could I have forgotten to put him back in his crib? Did I put him on the floor? Why would I have put him on the floor?!?!?

Kevin came back in and said that he was fine. He was ALL the way to the side of the crib flat on his back. The video monitor shows both sides of the crib, too, so even if he moves to one side or the other, we can usually still see him. Not this time!

Our little ninja. Let me tell you, there's nothing like waking up in a sheer panic with your mind racing, thinking that maybe, just maybe, you left your baby on the floor.

Yeah, I have ninja skills.

1 comment:

esther said...

i cannot get over how adorable eli is getting. absolutely precious. very funny story. joe and i had a good laugh.

Counter