Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

Test Results

Great news today! Eli had a heart echo with the cardiologist today. His words... "Eli has proven science wrong." His heart size is totally normal now. It had been 20% enlarged during my pregnancy. Then when he was a couple months old, his heart size measured in the upper limits of normal. And now it's totally normal.

His liver function is also normal. We're waiting on the results from his liver sonogram, but it appears as though the mass has decreased in size. We're anxious to find out just how much. How thankful we are that science isn't the ultimate authority!

We also found out that Eli weighs 16 1/2 pounds. Holy moly! I'm not sure those cheeks could get any bigger! Eli spent the day with his daddy. Kevin thought he looked cute in his hat, so he stopped by my office to show me in person. What a wonderful break in my day.
A new toy to play with...oh boy



6 comments:

Amanda and Shawn said...

That's wonderful news!! God is good. :) BTW, I agree - he looks ADORABLE in that hat.

Unknown said...

I read the words "Eli proved science wrong" and cried like, well, Eli.

Maybe I shouldn't post this for public consumption, but isn't that what best friends are for? :) I just called my mom to tell her the wonderful news and his weight (holy moly!!). She was sweet enough to remind me of the name you had as a baby because of your BIG cheeks and lack of a neck. Maybe it isn't just Kevin's genes giving him those cheekies :)

Love you Donkeys! See you soon! xoxoxo

Renee said...

Just another piece of evidence that God answers prayers! Maybe this is proof that The Big Prank will skip a generation and Callan and Eli will remain "Big Prank-less."

The Hambrick's said...

WOW! What amazing news and an answer to prayers. God is good. We are so happy to know that Eli is healthy and growing.

Kristin said...

That's great news! He's such a cutie! I love his chubby cheeks.

esther said...

Yay! So proud of the little guy. And he sure is growing. So cute. Love your pics. God is good.

Counter