Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009

Baby Bargains!

My friend Christine told me about this great children's sale called 'Nearly New' that takes place twice a year at the Howard County fairgrounds. Crazy people lined up at the door with cash in one hand and their kids in tow. The doors opened at 8am, and it was a free for all. Women were weaving in and out with their strollers trying to beat each other to the best bargains. The poor waddling pregnant women didn't stand a chance. It was like a giant yard sale with a bunch of different familes selling their kids stuff. Some stuff was overpriced, but there were lots of treasures, too. It turned out to be very worthwhile. Our main mission was to find a jumperoo, but we didn't want to spend $80 for a brand new one. We found one in great condition for $20. I had my eye out for a high chair, too, but I didn't see one that I wanted. I also found some good deals on clothes and shoes and a CD that I had my eye on. I'm sure most of you couldn't care less about this post, but I was pretty excited!

The new Jumperoo- all cleaned up

Kevin found this cute spring/fall jacket

Kevin also found this jersey ($1), but Eli won't be big enough to wear it until he's 12... :)

You might see this again on the Kim family Christmas card

cute sweater

I found these pants in the jumperoo lady's section- 25 cents each

Robeez- 2 for $10, washed and ready for Eli's piggies

On Sunday afternoon, I took Eli outside for some pictures. I know every picture I post is of him on his tummy. He's only sitting up for about 4 seconds at a time, so it's hard to get a good picture. I'm sure he'll be sitting up and posing before long! Until then...more tummy cuteness.



2 comments:

Renee said...

Great buys! I'm interested in going along next time. Callan has a jacket very similar to the one you got for Eli. We call it his "old man" jacket because it looks like one that my Poppop has. :)

The Hambrick's said...

I am totally excited for your great bargains! We were luckey enough to get hand-me-down hardware from our friends - stroller/car seats/exersaucer - just to name a few. I was happy not to be out that expense myself. Looks like Eli is enjoying the jumperoo already. :)

Counter