Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Super Pop to the Rescue!


Poor Eli has had a fever since Saturday night. He has no other symptoms- just a fever that ranges from 101-104. He was stuck to me like glue all day on Sunday. I knew he wasn't feeling well when I saw him lay down on the couch and take a snooze at 5pm.

I talked to my mom on Sunday and she said that she wished she could come down. Often she and my dad will come down and watch Eli if he’s not feeling well. But she had some appointments this week for Nan that she couldn’t miss. No worries- that’s what vacation days are for. But Pop called back a few minutes later and said he’d come down. So a few hours later, Pop arrived at our doorstep.

Pop and Eli had so much fun. Eli did really well- as long as the Motrin didn’t wear off. According to Pop, he and Eli read about 100 books, went to the pool one day (he watched him Monday and Tuesday), went for longs walks, and played with Eli’s new kitchen. I had to laugh when my dad called me and said, “I’ve raised two children. I’ve changed a lot of diapers. Eli’s diaper today ranked in the top 5 of all time.” Too funny. I guess his illness has made him a little “irregular.”

We were sad to see Pop leave last night. We appreciate that he dropped everything to come down and watch Eli. It was a huge help this week, especially since Kevin and I both had meetings today. We waved as Pop drove away. I said to Eli, “Say bye to Pop.” He waved and said, “Bye Pop.” I said, “You’re going to miss Pop, aren’t you?” He looked at me and said, "Mim!"


Oh silly boy. Thank you Pop for everything. We're looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!

No comments:

Counter