Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Funnies

This blog has become a place where I document the milestones and stories about my kids. In addition to the blog I also do a yearly photo album. But I don't do baby books. Eli has one and I think I filled out a whopping 3 pages. Big failure. But I want to document the funny things the kids say and do. Maybe someday I'll keep a little book instead of jotting them down on post-it notes. I once bought little books for two of my friends for that very purpose, but I neglected to buy one for me.

So anyway, here are some funny things that Eli has said lately that I want to remember.

1. When I was picking up Ryan and Spencer in their room at daycare, they told me that Eli stopped in for a visit earlier that day. On the ride home I brought it up in conversation. "I heard you visited your brothers today in their room." He replied, "Mommy, that was hours ago!"

2. One morning I went in to his room when I heard him wake up. He had wet through on his jammies. I said, "Oh Eli, those jammies are all wet." He reaches down to feel them and says, "Oh yeah, they sure are."

3. At the beach a couple of weeks ago, I was holding Eli at the edge of the water. I was obviously wearing my bathing suit and Eli looks down, puts his hand on my chest and says, "Wow mom, that's a really big hill."

4. Eli really likes string cheese. Sometimes I pull it into strings for him. In an attempt to do something fun at lunchtime one day, I peeled back 8 "legs" and left a head and called it an octapus. He got a kick out of it and held it by the head and made the legs dance. Fast forward to the next time he was home with Kevin. Kevin got out string cheese for his lunch. Eli looked at him and said, "I don't want an octapus." Needless to say Kevin was a little confused.

5. Eli says he is a daddy and that his baby is his stuffed Mickey Mouse. He takes Mickey to bed and to the playground and puts him in the exersaucer and bouncy seat. One morning while holding Mickey on my bed, he told me he had to feed Mickey. I asked him if he wanted me to get a bottle for him. He said, "No, I'll do it myself. I'll feed him from my belly." Then he lifted up his pajama shirt and pretended to nurse Mickey. I could barely contain myself and went to find Kevin so he could see.

6. One day at the beach Eli and I were outside on the balcony. He was his usual chatty self and was talking  a mile a minute. He's the king of stating the obvious and it really cracks me up. He goes over to a picnic table on the balcony and points to it- about 1/4 inch away from it and asks, "Is that a picnic table that I'm pointing to right there with my finger?" Well yes, Eli, that is a picnic table that you're pointing to right there with your finger.

7. One of the gadgets on the exersaucer plays music- maybe 5 different tunes. Eli recognized "If You're Happy and You Know It:" and keeps pressing the button until that one plays. Just like #6 above, he will ask, "Is this If You're Happy and You It?!?!?!" Then he starts to clap his hands along with the song. One day he asked Kevin if that was the song playing. Kevin said it was and Eli said, "Well then clap your hands Dad." I think the tone of voice was the best part. It was like, duh Dad. If you know the song, it tells you to clap your hands.

8. Eli was running on the sidewalk one day and tripped and fell. He looked down in horror at his scraped knee and in between sobs cries out to me, "THE SIDEWALK GOT ME!"

9. One day during nap I heard Eli crying out. I went in to see what was wrong. He was holding his toe and crying saying, "My little toe is broken!" I calmly kissed it and asked what happened. He replied, "It got grabbed." "It got grabbed:? By who? By Mickey?" He holds up his hand and replies, "No, by my hand."

10. And finally today, Eli comes running past me 50mph on this way to the potty. I follow him in and he says, "Go away Mom!" I said, "That's not nice way to talk to Mommy. How about you say, 'I'd like to try it by myself.' So then he answers, "I'd like to try it by myself. Go away Mom."

No comments:

Counter