Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 2, 2011

American? Larry King?

Another installment of the things Eli says...

Eli went in for his nap on Saturday after lunch, but he didn't fall asleep. After I heard him sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for the 4th time, I went in to remind him it was nap time and that he needed to sleep. He was sitting up when I walked in, so I said, "Eli, you need to lay down." He replied, "I don't want to lay down. I want to lay up."

One stormy evening Eli was playing with a train when the following exchange took place. I guess my ears were playing tricks on me because I swear this is what he was saying.
E: American is coming.
Me: American is coming? What does that mean?
E: No, American is coming.
Me: Coming where? I don't understand.
E: Larry King is coming.
Me: Larry King? What??
E: No, A-MAR-I-CANE is coming!
Me: Oh, you're saying a hurricane is coming!

Our ice maker got jammed, so I pulled out the entire ice tray part to dump some of it out. When I pulled it out, a bunch of cubes went flying. Eli comes flying over saying, "What a mess! What happened!?!" over and over. I said, "I dropped some ice cubes." He picked one up and threw it in the sink. He ran away saying, "I'm sorry you made a mess." I was left cleaning it up alone. :)

No comments:

Counter