Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Train Cake!

We had a small family party for Eli Saturday afternoon. Kevin's cousin Joe was in town for David's wedding, so his family came. Kevin's cousin Lisa and her family also came. Lisa and Joe's parents also were able to come. The party was a train theme. I made a birthday banner for Eli- which I cut and glued on various week nights- I know, pretty exciting life huh? It was worth it when Eli walked into the kitchen, looked up and said, "Wow!"

 Eli requested a train cake for his brithday and here's what he got. My mom and I looked online for ideas. She baked a couple pound cakes for me and brought them down. We decided on a red engine (red is Eli's favorite color) and three train cars- a coal car, a zoo car, and an M&M car (because every train should have an M&M car!). The process wasn't too bad- we chilled the cakes and cut them cold on Friday. Then I put a crumb coat on each. On Saturday I iced them again and decorated them. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, and Eli loved it.

I put the cake on a box covered in construction paper and plastic and piped on some tracks.




Counter