Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 3, 2012

This is my life

I heard a strange sound tonight while watching TV. It sounded like a jumping bean in the kitchen. Kevin was at his friend's house in the neighborhood. So I investigated and discovered it was a rogue yogurt melt that had fallen into the heat vent near the high chair. The heat was making it jump around. I spent the next 10 minutes trying to extract the bugger with tweezers "Operation" style (and I may or may not have tried to stab it with a knife and get it that way). On the 40th attempt, it fell off and disappeared into the black hole.

I called Kevin and asked him if the house would burn down if I left it in there. He is used to ridiculous questions coming from me. He said, "Just lift the vent up and grab it."

Oh.

So I pried the vent up and sure enough, the little yogurt melt was there and I grabbed it. But then the heat kicked back on and suddenly a fake Pringle from the kids' kitchen came flying out at me from the black hole. I nearly peed my pants.

That's my Friday night.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Renee said...

I'm definitely laughing out loud right now...mostly because that's something I would have done, too. :)

Counter