Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend- Birthday, Pool Time, and Milestones

Today I am the big 2-9. I started out the day with a great breakfast- potato omelet, bacon, and fresh strawberries. And the best part- an ice cream cake. And yes, we ate it after breakfast. Delicious. Eli really wanted to participate in the cake- you can tell in the picture below. He's blurry from moving so fast.

The pool pictures are from Saturday. After we got back from Harpers Ferry, Eli cooled off in his turtle pool. We live in a townhouse and I thought it might be a little "white-trash" to put a baby pool on our deck. My husband assured me that it would only be white trash if he and I got in too. I guess only I would be white trash if I got in. He's ok either way, being Asian and all. :)

Sporting board shorts and a surfer shirt from Mim & Pop

He wasn't so sure about the pool this time. He cried when we dipped his feet into the water. We figured that the water might be a little chilly. Pop came to the rescue with bowl after bowl of hot water. After about 13 trips with hot water, the temperature was perfect for him. He splashed like crazy. And he doesn't seem to mind getting water on his face.

Eli reached a milestone this weekend. A tooth popped through! He had a little white dot on his bottom gum all last week, but no tooth came through until this weekend. He looks so cute. My little baby is growing up so fast. Wish me luck with nursing.

2 comments:

esther said...

happy belated birthday, gretchen. you are so good about updating. i'm so lazy. nevertheless, i enjoy reading your blog!

Ali said...

Alex enjoyed her frog pool that weekend too. And in in a "surfer girl" bathing suit as well. And the hot water trips to the pool....same here. Hope you had a great birthday weekend!

Counter