Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

What a Weekend!

Mim and Pop came to visit this weekend. We were looking forward to some fun in the sun, but the sun barely made an appearance this weekend. On a damp and rainy Saturday morning, Mim and I ventured out for the community yardsale. I didn't realize I would be such a sale shopper. Rummaging through someone's junk is not usually my idea of a good time. But we did find a few good buys. I wanted to get Eli a walk behind/ride on toy. I found a cute one for $4. He loves it. It makes lots of noises, and he's already figured out how to honk the horn all by himself. Kevin is embarrassed for Eli in this picture because he's not wearing any pants. Socks, but no pants. He's 6 months old-the look works for him. This shirt was a gift from Pop and Uncle Nathan from their ski trip to Park City, UT this past January. It says "I'm Impossible." Impossible is the perfect word for Eli's napping this weekend. He would go to sleep easily and then.... 15 minutes later, raring to go. In fact Daddy and Mommy have been trying to get the baby to nap for the past 45 minutes.
Here is Eli with another good find- Fisher Price Alphabet Blocks. Retail $24.99. Yardsale $4

Every kid needs a shape sorter. I know they aren't expensive to buy new, but you can't beat $1!
Mim and Pop brought Eli his May book- Baby Faces. He loves looking at pictures of all the little babies. On the back, they put a picture of the cutest baby of all!

Mim also helped me mix up a batch of pureed apples for Eli to try. He's a pro with his cereal, sweet potatoes, and carrots. I guess we'll find out tonight at dinner if he likes them.
We had such a fun weekend. We miss you already Mim & Pop!

2 comments:

Ali said...

I was just looking at that little ride on thing at toys r us for Alex's first bday. She loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. What a deal at a yard sale!!! I am going to a yard sale the weekend of the 22. Hopefully I can find some good deals too. Although Alex already has enough toys I shouldn't buy any more......I am obsessed!!!!

The Hambrick's said...

Emerson will get to spend the weekend with his G-ma and Pa-Pa. I hope we get to see the sun this weekend! I LOVE the "chicks dig me" shirt, too cute!

Counter