Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Clone Babies' Babies

Two of my dear friends, Renee and Pamela, were in town over the weekend visiting their families and we planned to get together for a luncheon. Renee lives in Germantown, about 15 minutes away from me, so we get to see each other on occasion. But I hadn’t seen her pregnant belly! Pamela lives in Kentucky- the real Kentucky- not Pennsyltucky, so seeing her was a special treat. The three of us really resembled each other during our junior high days, most notably in a photo of us at a sleepover in matching pajamas. Cover our faces and even our mamas would have a tough time distinguishing their offspring. So we called ourselves clone babies.

My mom prepared a lovely luncheon for us on Sunday afternoon. The grandmothers were also there (Eli’s Mim, Callan’s Nana, and Emerson’s G-Ma). Tawnee, Renee’s sister, made an appearance with her two kids, Avery and Caitlin. I see these kids all the time on blogs, so it was like miniature celebrity sightings all over the kitchen. After lunch, we moseyed over to the playground across the street at the church. Eli’s toys didn’t seem quite interesting enough for 20 month old Emerson after awhile.

Some observations:
-My child is a moose. He weighs one pound less than Callan, who is 6.5 months his senior.
-Callan’s teeth are spectacular. I’ve never seen anything like it. Renee should consider auditioning him for Colgate commercials.
-Emerson is almost exactly a year older than Eli. I was making mental notes of what to expect next July. I can see the energy level certainly won’t be decreasing. And I think I may need to start an endurance workout in preparation.
-It’s so nice to visit with friends that I haven’t seen in awhile and find that we haven’t missed a beat. Thanks girls for a wonderful visit!


Callan- 15 months

Renee and Callan


Emerson- 20 months

No luck getting all three (or any of the 3!) to look AT the camera



Emerson, Pamela, and Mrs. Clemens

No comments:

Counter