Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

DeMotte Family Reunion

My apologies for not updating this sooner. I've misplaced my usb cable. My friend Sadie, who reads the blog, gave me hers at work today with instructions to update tonight.

We had a jam-packed 4th of July weekend in Milton. I went up a day early to spend some extra time with Nan. Kevin came up after work Friday night.

Every year on the 4th of July, rain or shine, the DeMotte family convenes at Brookville, PA for the annual family reunion.

For 8 and a half months, we've been anticipating this day. Was it the anticipation of eating the delicious fudge and marshmallow topped brownies? Maybe a little, although I was terribly disappointed at their absense this year. We were anticipating something much more special. Something priceless...
Eli meeting Homer ...or Papa, my 86 year old grandfather. He lives in Ashtabula, OH and hadn't met Eli until Saturday.

He also go to meet my Aunt Phyllis, Uncle Brad, and cousin Lindsay. It was a beautiful day of moments that I'll treasure.

Eli loved Papa's hat and tried to grab it off his head (successfully a few times)

No comments:

Counter