Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

A Blind Crab and a Headless Giraffe

Our little man loves books. Everyday (and often multiple times a day) Eli wants to read. We put three piles of books in the living room with the rest of his toys. He crawls over to them and fishes out the book he wants. Then he sits down in front of me waiting patiently for me to start reading....ok, he's not really patient at all. If I don't start fast enough, he starts grunting and kicking his feet like a madman.

He turns the pages and loves to touch the pages that have textures. He loves pictures of babies and is very much into his peek-a-boo books. He has some pop-up books that he has destoyed, but he still loves to read them. Kevin and I laugh when we flip the page to read about the giraffe and see a poor decapitated animal, or when we get to the crab and he's missing an eyeball, or when we see the hippopatamus looking not nearly as fierce without teeth.
It's not unusual for Eli to want to read at least 8-12 or more books at a time. He grunts when I finish one and tries to grab another or sits there and grunts for me to read it again. I love book time with my little buddy.

Ok, I know this picture doesn't have anything to do with reading, but it's cute nonetheless...

1 comment:

esther said...

going to be a smart boy!!! good for you, eli!

Counter