Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 21, 2011

Update from the Couch

I had an appointment yesterday and will every Thursday until the babies come. My cervix is still the same- so that was good news. I was hoping it would have gone the other way (more closed), but I guess that doesn't happen.

The babies' growth looked great. They are measuring right on track and are estimated at 2 pounds 8 ounces and 2 pounds 7 ounces. We also found out that both babies are currently breech. Baby A had been head down the entire time. This past week I have felt so much movement on A's side- I seriously thought a limb might poke through my stomach. I guess that was him flipping around.

The doctor recommended that I get a device put under my skin to continuously administer the contraction medicine and also have an at-home contraction monitor to use twice a day to see if I'm contracting at all. Unfortunately my insurance company doesn't feel like either are necessary, so we're waiting to see what happens with that.

So... so far, so good. Still horizontal. Still getting a lot of work done, so that keeps me busy between 8-5. I'm spending a lot of time yelling at the cat to get her nose out of my water. She's a couch hog too. I'm looking forward to next Thursday's appointment. It was nice seeing the outside and breathing some fresh air for a little.

1 comment:

esther said...

gretchen, hang in there! glad to hear that the babies are growing well. keep us updated. love hearing from you guys.

Counter