Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 29, 2011

July 29, 2011

Today I watched Eli read a book to Ryan. He was showing him the different shapes and telling him what sounds the animals made. So cute.

Today Eli and I baked brownies. I asked if anyone wanted to be my helper. Given that he was the only other person in the house capable of talking/helping, he gladly volunteered. I told him we were going to make a special treat. "Can I eat this special treat?" "You sure can, buddy. We'll make it now and it will be ready when you get up from your nap." So he helped me stir the batter for a batch of brownies. We even added some flair in the form of white chocolate chips. "Are those chips getting all dirty?" he asked as we stirred them into the batter. ""No, they are just hiding. They will become delicious morsels of goodness when they come out of the oven." Right now the brownies are cooling on the stove and I'm just waiting for little man to get up from his nap so we can dig in.

Today I felt pretty good about cleaning the middle floor of my house (family room, kitchen, living/dining room) before the twins woke up. This even involved treating a large mysterious red mark on our kitchen rug (which is tan/red so who knows how long the mark had been hiding there.) But then I walked upstairs to check on Ryan napping in our room and thought I detected a faint odor of wet dog....which is alarming since we don't have a dog.

Today (right now actually) all three kids are sleeping. Well Eli should be sleeping, but he's in his bed singing a variation of Row Row Row Your Boat. But he's contained, so it's all the same. Here's a tip to mothers out there who actually try to get things done while their children are napping. First, it's best not to scatter them all throughout your house like I did. If you have a child in your master bedroom, one in your living room, and the other in his room, it's not very easy to get much done.

Today I am wishing three of my friends at work the best of luck. They are all interviewing for the same position. It's the job I had leading up to when I gave birth to Eli. I'm anxious to find out how the interviews went.

Today Ryan and I enjoyed some time making silly faces in the mirror. He seems to think it's pretty funny. He sometimes starts giggling and can't stop. Uncontrollable baby giggling is the best!

Today Eli and read the Very Hungry Caterpillar. He can recite almost the entire book from memory. He can list every food the caterpillar ate on Saturday from memory. We have the book in a big size and little size, so he holds one, I hold one, and we read them together.

Today Eli was a cantaloupe hog. He ate his very large portion for lunch and asked for more. I filled up his bowl again. Then he came over and requested my cantaloupe from my plate. I said;, "here's one piece for you." He replied, "I'd like three pieces please."

Today Eli and I looked at a sheep he made at school. He had covered an outline of a sheep with glued on pom poms. Here's the discussion.
E: I put these pom poms on this sheep.
Me: I really like it. You did a great job. I like this big blue one.
E: Is it dark blue?
Me: It is dark blue. And these are light blue. And this one here is the darkest blue of all.
E: Is this one darker or is this one darker?
Me: That one is darker. We can call that one navy.
E: Oh I like these red ones. One, Two, Three, Four. The red ones are my favorite.
Me: I like them too.
E: I love those red ones. Does Mommy like these brown ones? I think Mommy loves these yellow ones.
Me: Well yes I do love those yellow ones.
E: And see the sheep has a green eye?
Me: I see that. (I didn't know craft googly eyes came in different colors)
E: And see these red ones? I love these red ones.

No comments:

Counter