Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Eli's Conversations


Here are a few things that Eli has said over the past couple of weeks that I want to remember.

I was signing up for a parent/teacher conference time slot at Eli's school. Eli asked what I was doing and I said, "I am writing my name on this list." He answered, "You spell that M-O-M."

Eli was carrying his sippy cup in from the van after we pulled in from daycare. We got inside the door and he promptly handed it to me saying, "Here. This water turned old."

Eli disappeared while playing. I found him in the bathroom on the potty. I said, "Oh there you are." He held out his hand and replied, "I've got to go poop. Can you hold my hand while I do this?"

When Kevin takes Eli up for bed, they have this exchange. Kevin says he loves Eli. Eli says, "I love you more." Kevin says, "I love you the most." Eli says, "I love you the most times two times thirty-seven times twelve times fifty-two." (or similar random numbers that he can think of). Then Kevin does the same thing and they go back and forth cracking up.

Eli was sick last Friday with a fever and upset stomach. Later that weekend he was feeling much better, but he was still milking it a bit.  Eli was on the couch and my mom asked him to do something. He answered (with dramatic flair), "I don't fink I can do that because I have a fever."

While playing at the train table, Eli called out to me (in an overly sweet voice), "Oh Mommy! Could you put this milk in the frigerator for me? That would be very, very helpful!"

I often hear Eli calling from the train table, "Mommy! Come get Ry. He's messing up my train table." But yesterday when he said, "Mommy, come get Ry!" I said, "Is he messing up the trains?" He answered, "No, he's just bothering me."

And the last one... One of my favorite things about this age is the funny little "mistakes" kids make with the English language. Eli speaks clearly and has a good vocabulary, but those moments when he uses the wrong word just crack me up. He uses "anybody/nobody" incorrectly. As in, " Anybody doens't want to do that!"

1 comment:

Brian, Tawnee, Avery and Caitlin said...

Caitlin mixes up somebody and nobody too. So funny to hear! Love reading about and seeing your kiddos!

Counter