Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sweet Potatocado

Making Eli's baby food has been interesting. It's actually been much easier and less time consuming than I thought it would be. And it has certainly saved us a ton of money. I bought one bag of organic carrots, and they have lasted over 6 weeks so far. I have a whole shelf in the freezer filled with freezer baggies of ice cube size portions. Eli has tried rice cereal, carrots, apples, pears, peas, bananas, green beans, and avocado. Bananas and peas didn't "agree" with him, so we stopped those for awhile. He loves apples, pears, and sweet potatoes, but he's a good eater and will eat anything. Just take a look at his plump belly and you can tell he's a good eater!


Here he is eating avocado. I'm not a big fan myself and had never purchased an avocado before. But I've seen Rachael Ray slice it and scoop it out so I gave it a shot. Eli's a fan. I mixed it with sweet potato tonight, and he loved his Sweet Potatocado dinner!





2 comments:

esther said...

so cute. i can't believe you don't like avocado! he definitely looks like a good eater! i also added wheat germ and flax seed into the baby food when i made it. boy, it sure helped him poop! but don't give too much if you decide to try!

sweetfiza said...

cute...

Counter