Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Exporing Frederick

We didn't take any pictures this weekend for some reason. We had a good one though-low key. Kevin didn't have to work on Saturday, so I took advantage of it and scheduled a hair appointment. That afternoon, we went to Burgers and Buns for ice cream and then took a stroll through downtown Frederick. I love our town. Frederick is much bigger than I thought, and I love the old history- there are markers of the Civil War all over. The downtown is filled with huge old bank buildings and beautiful churches. We strolled into a couple of boutiques and a very cool toy store.

That night, our friend Brian came over. Thanks to my friend Renee's recommendation, I tried out a new recipe. She has tried some recipes from the Pioneer Woman and recently tried one called Marlboro Man's Second Favorite Sandwich. I went searching on the site for something to make Saturday night and stumbled upon Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich. They were quite delicious. Thanks for the website recommendation Nay.
We're finally sitting down and relaxing now. Just finished my mugful of peanut butter cup ice cream and thinking how fast the weekend went. Can't believe it's pre-Monday already!
I had to add a picture to the post for my mom. She would be disappointed if it were just text. So here you go Mom. Sorry it's a month old!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Oh, yum! I saw that recipe, too. Glad it went well!

Julia said...

I just want you to know how much I love this website!!

Counter