Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Big Prank

As if bedrest wasn't enough, the Big Prank reared it's ugly head again. The Big Prank is a joke between my friend Renee and I. It's like a combination of Murphy's Law and the saying "when it rains, it pours."

Our home computer totally skitzed out a couple days ago. I'm using my work computer now, but a girl on bedrest needs to be able to scour the internet now and then. I mean, it gets lonely here during the work days with no one to talk to.

This prank also falls under "disrupted entertainment." The projection bulb in our TV burnt out today. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal. I mean, we have a few televisions. But when the only TV on the main floor of the house goes, it's a bit unfortunate for the bedrest patient. And it's perfect timing to spend $100 bucks on a replacement. Really...perfect timing.

Our child has mastered the art of potty manipulation. We've all been up before 6am for awhile  because we hear "Daddy, I have to go potty." It's early enough that we're sound asleep and late enough that Eli is up and ready to start his day afterwards. So that's ok. At least he's waking up to go. Here's the rough part- and I'm writing this on behalf of Kevin. Eli goes to the potty before bed, but he keeps calling for Kevin to take him over and over again. Last night, it was an hour long process. My immediate thoughts were... don't keep taking him. He's obviously gone and doesn't need to go. Kevin went back in to take him over, and the kid went every time. Not a lot, but enough. Even today at naptime, he went to the potty before and Kevin came downstairs. I heard Eli saying he needed to go a few minutes later, but Kevin and I weren't sure what to do. He went back in and Eli was already wet. For the next hour on the monitor, I kept hearing random calls of "Gotta go potty." The kid can squeeze out pee like nobody's business.

This one is all Kevin too. He and his friend Brian have been working on repairing the plumbing, carpeting, insulation, and drywall in the basement. I mentioned that our basement flooded a couple weeks ago, right?
He wanted to get all the drywall done last night and discovered that the last piece was 1/2 inch too short. Of course it was, big prank, of course it was.

**This list is a work in progress. Be sure to check for additions to the Big Prank list. :)

2 comments:

Renee said...

I feel your pain. Once the Big Prank hits, it's hard to get rid of the pain that it causes. And you're right...the Big Prank list is always growing. Right when you think it's moved on to destroy other clone babies in another part of the world, it strikes again! Grrrrr!

p.s. I feel largely responsible for your mishaps today! I mean, afterall, when two Big Prank-ers are in the same house, the BP "force" is sure to be twice as strong!

Ali said...

we had the potty manipulation before too! Alexandra would tell us she had to go when really she didn't (at least Eli actually went) but it would delay her bedtime by about a half hour. But then when she would run over to the bathroom, hide by the toilet with a big smile on her face, I knew something wasn't right and then after I got her off of the potty (after not going) she ran back to her room and hid under the covers. The girl knew I was catching on. Needless to say she doesn't do that anymore!

Counter