Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Today's Appointment

I thoroughly enjoyed my weekly outing today. The appointment went really well- we had the lady I don't like again, but she was better today. They actually did a growth test today (I thought it was going to be next week), and the babies are growing great. Baby A is measuring 3 pounds 10 ounces and had a heartbeat of 156. Baby B is measuring 3 pounds 10 ounces too and had a heartbeat of 149. Both are still breech, and their heads are right up against each other. My cervix hasn't gotten any worse.

The doctor thinks the medicine is working really well and she seemed very pleased with how everything looked. I asked her what our goal was in terms of weeks. She said that once we hit 32 weeks (9 days from today), the risk of long term problems goes way down. 34 weeks is really good and 36 weeks is pretty much ideal. While it's still one day at a time, it's great to know we're getting closer and closer to 32 weeks. Kevin thinks I'll go the full 36 weeks because that will fall right in line with the NCAA Tournament.

So the bedrest continues... 4 weeks and counting...

1 comment:

esther said...

yay! so glad that everything is going well. keep up the good work, mommy! and btw, love eli's cute sayings from the last post. he's such a brilliant boy!

Counter