Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Good news and a bad sonographer

Our appointment today was horrible, but the outcome was good. The sonographer was not my favorite- we had her once before and she was a little weird. She checked the babies' heartbeats (one was 141 and one was 147) and positions- both breech again. She checked my cervix and the fluid levels around the babies. She took one 4D picture of baby A. Then very abruptly, she got up and announced that she had to go have the doctor take a look at the picture and that the doctor would be in to see us. She was acting weird, and Kevin asked if something was wrong. Her reply? I'm just a sonographer, not a doctor. And off she went.

First rule in a high risk maternal fetal medicine office: Don't act weird. That was enough to freak us out- me more so than Kevin. It's hard to not let your mind wander and be tempted to worry.

Second rule in a high risk maternal fetal medicine office: Don't say the doctor will be in shortly and then make us wait 30 minutes. I think I developed an ulcer.

After all that, everything was fine. Nothing was wrong with any of the pictures or with the babies or with my cervix. My cervix measurements were actually a little better than last week, so that's good. The doctor is pleased with this new medicine and the side effects aren't as bad as the last medicine. So the plan is to keep everything the same and come back next Thursday again. The next full growth scan of the babies is scheduled for the following week.

So... yay! I've come to terms with the fact that there is a 99.99% chance that I will not be sitting up at all until these babies come. But at least I have my weekly outing to look forward to.

No comments:

Counter