Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 25, 2011

4 Months

The boys turned 4 months old yesterday. Wow how much they've changed in four months. They are both doing really well. Their well baby appoint,ents are a little off-scedule because of their NICU stay, so their 4 month appointment isn't until next month. I guess we'll see how much they weigh then. If the rolls on their legs and rubber band wrists are any indication, I'd say they are catching up to their full term counterparts pretty quickly.

They both nurse well and take a bottle well. Ryan is sleeping through the night now (just starting this week) and Spencer still gets uo once to eat (usually between 2 and 3am). They are both still sleeping together in the same crib in our bedroom. Ryan is probably ready move to his own crib in the nursery, but I'm not sure I'm ready yet!

Both are getting stronger, although Spencer seems to be more physically advanced than Ryan. They are both smiling and cooing. They both laugh (just started recently) but Ryan definitely smiles and laughs more than Mr. Serious.

Ryan is a really good sleeper. He loves to nap in his crib and in the swing. Spencer doesn't like the swing quite as much, but he likes sitting in a bouncy seat more than Ryan. They both like the activity mat and swat at the octopus that hangs above them.

Last month I pulled out their preemie and newborn clothes. So sad. I can't believe they were that little. They are wearing mostly 0-3, 3 month, and some 6 month clothes now.

Time is going by so fast. Although some nights are hard, I love this age. I love seeing them both respond with smiles and coos. I love snuggling with them and kissing their bald heads.


4 months
  
Ryan, NICU


Spencer, NICU

No comments:

Counter