Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

A New Phase...Back to Work

I started back to work on May 18 and Kevin started that following Monday. I get to phase back to work, so the first week I worked 20 hours, last week I worked 28, and this week I’ll work 32. I’m also doing a new schedule- just Monday through Thursday. Kevin will be off on Thursdays and he works ½ days on Saturdays. So we have the kids enrolled in our neighborhood daycare center for three days a week- Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.


Definitely have some positives and negatives with the switch. First, it’s nice having them close to the house. Eli’s old sitter was located about 5 minutes from my work, so he would make the commute with me each morning. While we usually enjoyed that time, it can sometimes be a long drive (45 minutes or so). Now that the school is closer, Kevin can take them in the morning so Eli doesn’t need to leave so early with me. We’re also excited that he’ll meet some other 2 year olds that he’ll be going to school with later on. The twins will be in the same class as their friend Julianna Chisholm- which we are very excited about. It’s also so nice to have them there 3 days. For over 2 years we paid for 5 days/week and Eli only went an average of 3-4 days.

On the other side, I definitely miss Eli’s sitter Smita. For 2 years, she cared for him and he made friends there. It’s a tough time for a kid to make a transition like this, but he’s really doing well and seems to like it a lot.

My mom has been down these past two weeks to help. The twins don’t start until June 13, so she’s been watching them while we’re at work. We’ve walked over to pick up Eli together (with babies in carriers) and she’s even done it herself with all three kids. The center is within walking distance for even Eli. It’s a great time for him to be outside and tell us about his day.


Playing with play-doh this morning
Today is my first Friday off of work with all the kids. So far, so good. I miss my mom already and she just left a couple hours ago! But we've done well- laundry's in, reading books, playing play-doh, babies are napping. Happy Friday everyone.

1 comment:

esther said...

you are super mom, gretchen! can't wait to meet the twins someday...thinking next year, though.

Counter